Packing, packing, packing

Monday morning Glen was on call so he had the morning at home, which meant we could go through things together and sort out what was going with us to Australia, what was going in the bin and what was being given away. We went through a lot of papers and it’s helped clear the decks a bit, but until the furniture gets taken next Friday, we’re in a bit of limbo. It feels like there’s still too much stuff, yet when I actually think about it, we’re nearly down to the bare bones. Emptying the freezer won’t be fun there. There’s so much food still in there.

There was a thunderstorm last night. Glen got caught in it on his way home from work. He didn’t look too drenched when he got in though. It was a loud one though and went on most of the night. I don’t why but I slept awfully and then had to be up just after 6. I haven’t been sleeping well for a couple of weeks actually. Wonder what that’s about.

Today was an errand day. I borrowed Pete and Royden’s car to drop off some clothes at one of the clothing banks, then out somewhere east to donate Glen’s ice skates (I’m taking mine to Australia…and will probably never use them). After that, as I was relatively closed, I drove out to the Scarborough Bluffs. I’d seen a photo of this part of Toronto on Instagram and thought how pretty it was.

The bluffs are on the edge of Lake Ontario and while I couldn’t find the spot where the photos I’d seen were taken, it was a beautiful location and on such a bright sunny day too. The water, though it was a lake, looked like the ocean around a desert island. I walked along the bluffs for a bit before heading down to water level and going for a bit more of a walk. It made me realise that there was still a lot in Toronto we haven’t seen. Not a very pleasant thought this close to our goodbye.

After this bit of sightseeing, I went to collect a couple of boxes to pack things to ship home. The boxes were much bigger than I thought and I only need one to hold a table, an elephant, two coats and a bunch of other things that I was worried we’d have to try and fit into our suitcases. We’ve decided to send things back by sea but I’m concerned that I’m now going to be over the one cubic metre we’ve estimated. Will have to sort that out this week. Still so much to do.

What do you say, eh?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s